Launch of the NSW China Strategy by Premier Mike Baird
September 02 2014
On September 2 2014 ACRI hosted NSW Premier the Hon Mike Baird for a keynote address outlining New South Wales' China policy. Held on the eve of his first visit to China, Premier Baird shared his insights into the Australia-China relationship and put forward his government's strategy for engaging with China. The event was an example of ACRI"s mission to facilitate and showcase positive relations between the two countries.
Under the new China Strategy, the NSW Government will focus its efforts on the relationship with China through a number of priority actions:
- Build on longstanding relationships and grow our partnerships with China
- Attract Chinese investment, particularly in NSW infrastructure projects
- Double the value of Chinese tourism to NSW by 2020
- Maximise benefits from an Australia-China Free Trade Agreement
- Promote Sydney as a leading financial services centre and Renminbi trading hub
- Strengthen the position of NSW agriculture and resources in China
- Maintain our leading market share in education, and
- Grow export of NSW innovation.
View the full photo gallery here.